Saturday, November 22, 2014

God Bless his little poor Heart

Hello, Blogger I'm Denise, I hope you are doing great! I am a foster mom/caretaker of 2 teenage children. Not to long after this, i was cleaning the house, waiting for my children and 2 foster children to come home from school. It was still in morning and better yet it was the first day of school. My 4 children have many friends, in the neighborhood,in school etc. They are hum, I guess i can say some what popular. Our home always is filled with kids, loll! We like to share with not only for other children but families that are in need. Now this might sound strange to you but, we struggle our self's, but we are strong believers of the Lord. We know that our Lord is our provider. OK Back to the story, now it is the first day back to school and we already have been caring for these 2 children, boy and girl loll sister and older brother of 6 kids in their family. They are all little foot steps, meaning their ages range from maybe 5,6,7,8,etc. Their ages go up like footsteps. Now the 2 children always have been with us, back and forth and never through the court system, but the parents would send them to me, or the children that did not live far away, would walk,run to us for help most of the time. When they were living at home with their family. Now, that the children are all in school, I hear KNOCK KNOCK, i look to see who it was at their door, to find a step mother and a young man age, 14 standing at my door. I open the door as the women stands barely and asks to come in, due to her illness she can not care for the boy, and clams that the child's father was incarcerated/jailed for theft. She clams dad is locked up and the young man fails to follow her rules. She tells me, I am sick and can not care for him, she said. I have my birth son to care for and struggling with him. I stand there and because i know this young man because he is a friend of my son, I knew that he was going through hard times, knowing his mother was in Florida and dad was locked up. He was running the streets, as I always warned him to stay away from my son, unless he changed his ways. I knew that the father would call me looking for the boy once in a blue moon, asking me of his where about. I never knew, all i did know is that he wasn't with us.Now, moms in Florida and dad is in jail, step mom can not care for the child because of his behavior issues,i have 4 teenagers already and the 2 were just giving to me to care for, and lady you are here, because? loll Please, i don't mean this in a bad way, but I am thinking, where did you see a sign some where reading, GO TO THE LADY ON THE CORNER HOUSE OF ? AND SHE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD.CHILDREN!! I really did not ask this of her, but though this to myself. I am thinking what do i  say what do i do? I looked at the young man as tears ride down his face, the fathers live in girl friend says to me, he said he will run away if he has to go back with me, Denise he tells me he wants to be here with you and your family. I was speechless, he continues to steer at me, his face was red and his eyes were blood shot form crying. The girl friend told me, that the reason they were there at my house was because he had gotten SUSPENDED from school, WHAT I SAID loll jokingly, the first day of school?! He smiled at me, because he, the young man knows how i am! I turned to him and ask him a question, Young man i said, if you can not follow the rules at home,in school, what makes me think that you will follow my rules here? He continues to cry and says, Denise you are to me like a mother figure and i am happy here, i want to be with you and your family. I held it in, yep he hit a soft spot!!!I looked to the dads girl friend and i can see that, she is ill. I then looked to the young boy and i said, young man there are rules no matter where you go in life, we as parents and adults we to must obey the rules, if we do not, guess what? He replies you will go to jail!! BINGO, I said. I Spoke with the girl friend of dads, and told her, he will be OK here for a few days,and that i will let her know how things go with him in the next couple of days, of working with him. I tell the boy, OK we will give it a shot, but you know my rules and rules are not to be broken here, right? Yes, MAM he replies. OK, now young man, you have gotten your self in some trouble in school i hear, we will now decide what your punishment will be. I ask him, young man, what do you think your punishment should be? He lifts his shoulders and said no outside! loll, I giggle, OK,  time will tell, but for now lets eat  breakfast and we will talk. Now he has been with us ever sense. It has been maybe 5 months or so and the mother i have been in touch through Face book.I had explained to her that her child needs his shots for school, he needs someone to sign his high school. She replies, ya its only October, Yes I said. Things such as this, are needed to be done ahead of time.I tell her what if he needs medical help, what do i do? She tells me, I have no address, I can not care for him. I can not help, he don't listen to me, i can not care for him the way that he needs cared for. We just don't get along!!! WOW! WHAT??! What did she just say?   I was really shocked to here this from a MOTHER or a mommy. I cried and felt for this child, even more. Thinking to myself, this poor thing, no wonders he is the way he is. He feels alone as well as left out. Thank God i do everyday, that he is here with me. I know that i can not save the world, but can try, loll, this young man i thought i might be able to save and help. He is doing great.He use to miss days o school. failing, fighting everyday, would not eat lunch.Now that he is under our care, he has NOT, missed a day of school,  he is eating lunch with his peers and after that first day of school, never once has he gotten suspended for school. He don't like doing class work, but i still work with him and always will, to help him know that he is not alone and that we LOVE HIM AND CARE ABOUT HIM and his WELL BEING! Got his long hair cut, now we can see your handsome face, i said and new sneakers for his tired feet and new clothes for his cold body has made him fit in and loved and wanted. I will continue to love and care for these children for as long as God Wants and needs me to.I love these children. I am proud of my 4 children they are all loving caring children and has excepted them into our home with open arms. Now its Thanks giving time and we will all cook together in the kitchen and give thanks to out Lord above for each other and for all we do have!!! God Bless Happy Thanks Giving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment